Cisco Voice and TeleConference Engineer
Summary: You will be working in a global team of talented engineers who are responsible for the maintaining and improving Workplace Technology collaboration services e.g.: Video conferencing as well as collaboration applications. You will focus on provisioning, maintenance, process enhancement, automation and support escalation for these technologies across the entire global organization.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost, and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
The Workplace team supports and enables Macquarie's global activities by providing Workplace Technology services to business units to meet their particular needs.
You will be working in a global team of talented engineers who are responsible for the maintaining and improving Workplace Technology collaboration services e.g.: Video conferencing as well as collaboration applications. You will focus on provisioning, maintenance, process enhancement, automation and support escalation for these technologies across the entire global organization.
- 2rd level escalation support - responsible for identifying and managing the maintenance requirements for global collaboration applications, video conferencing in particular within the organization.
- 2nd level resolution and/or escalation of production issues.
- Proactively identify and initiative service improvement plans to increase service availability, stability or support processes.
- Determination of failure trends and root-cause.
- Providing first-class system support from initial client contact to closure
- Working quickly and effectively to take action against requests and incidents or escalating to you.
- Implementing regular, approved system patches and change requests.
- Detecting, reporting and fixing of poorly performing systems using agreed monitoring tools and processes.
- At least three years recent experience at a System Engineer level in large organizations, supporting customers and systems in a Cisco environment and routing protocols for video conferencing
- Solid experience of TACINT knowledge and Understanding of Cisco Unified Communications applications (Call Manager, Unity, IPCC Express)
- Understanding of Voice over IP technologies and protocols (H.323, MGCP, SIP, SCCP, etc.)
- Experience with configuration, management, and troubleshooting of Cisco Telepresence / VC endpoints
- Knowledge of Cisco VC infrastructures such as VCS-C / VCS-E (and clustering), Prime Collaboration Assurance and TMS
- VC redundancy knowledge, configuration template usage, integration of TMS with Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange scheduling.
- Experience with corporate Audio Visual systems and knowledge of microphones, Crestron automation, DSP’s and conference room presentation environments
- Ability to troubleshoot, isolate and resolve various Audio Visual system issues both locally in Houston and also providing remote support across the region
- Experience with SharePoint Technologies (SharePoint 2010 or later versions) is highly regarded.
- Proven ability to script and automate processes.
- Experience working within an ITIL framework to execute mature change, incident and problem management.