DevOps Engineer-Junior-65 to 75K
We are seeking for a Dev Ops Engineer with strong analytical and technical skills to join the BFS Central Services team, aligned to the Wealth Management business channel. In this role you will be responsible for improving and maintaining systems and platforms in Wealth Management including trading and settlement applications (Managed funds and Equities) within the Banking and Financial Service division. This role is a great opportunity for someone with the desire to develop their skills and expertise to help formulate and drive efficiencies in a dynamic, rewarding and leading area in BFS.
The ideal candidate should be passionate and enthusiastic about technology and should be able to draw upon their technical skills to seek and realise opportunities in automation and monitoring. In addition, the individual must possess strong accountability and communication skills and be able to work collaboratively across multiple teams in the event of system failures
- Gain and utilize deep understanding of the business flows
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to event failures including critical overnight batches.
- Identify problematic areas, trends and repeated issues and be able to resolve underlying root cause.
- Work closely with various scrum teams in an Enterprise Agile environment and be an advocate for continuous improvement.
- Overall management and communication across all areas of ITIL – incident, change and problem management
- Implement Automation tools and services associated to BAU activities
- Plan and implement System Maintenance and Upgrades]
- Ensure smooth delivery of releases to production
To be successful in this role you will have solid Application Support and/or development. Strong online infrastructure and technical knowledge in Java/J2EE and related web application server (JBoss) technology is hugely desirable.
In addition, you will possess very strong SQL scripting experience using Oracle &/or Sybase and good familiarity with Unix.
The essential characteristics are:
- The ability to operate independently, to be proactive, and able to interact with stakeholders
- Possess sound technical experience in fast paced working environments with strong hands-on experience with scripting and automation; has ability to write or modify tools in Powershell, Bash, Ruby, Python, and Perl, proficient UNIX admin and scripting experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills - ability to quickly understand complex trading system and business rules.
- Fantastic communication skills, both verbal and written. Display strong customer service focus and the ability to deliver quality support
- Work effectively within local and distributed teams
- Flexibility to take on-call support and weekend work as required in an active support position
- Financial Markets including ideally Equities, Derivatives, Managed Funds and Superannuation experience