Jr. Oracle DBA
The IT Database Administrator is a member of a technology team providing support for the databases related to enterprise applications. The Database Administrator works with internal and external partners to deploy and support data related services at multiple internal and external data centers as well as cloud services.
Context : optional
The individual will execute new deployments while providing support for a varied data infrastructure including DB2, Oracle, MaxDB and SQL in a published desktop environment leveraging Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technology from Citrix and Microsoft along with published applications, such as SAP accessed from the warehouse and corporate facilities around the world. Influencing database standards while implementing policies and procedures to ensure consistency with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements are ongoing responsibilities.
Job Duties :
Role and Responsibilities
· Perform other responsibilities as assigned, including overnight and potential international travel.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or a related degree or an equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of IT related technologies.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in database administration.
- Active ITIL v3 (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) certification preferred.
- Knowledge of parts logistics methodologies, such as inbound/outbound logistics, just-in-time and just-in-sequence preferred.
- Experience with advanced technologies such as IBM DB2, MaxDB, Oracle DB and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, VMware vSphere, IBM AIX, Linux, Citrix XenServer/App/Desktop, SAN, and NAS.
- Advanced knowledge of database management tools.
Skills and Competencies:
· Establish and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization, and with external vendors and regulatory agencies.
· Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills with the ability to shift approaches based on audience.
· Ability to communicate complex issues/solutions in a manner that is easily understood and actionable despite the audience.
· Critical thinking abilities using fact-based troubleshooting skills.
· Ability to perform well within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that requires the management of multiple projects at once, without compromising quality and service levels.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of extremely sensitive data at all times.
- Must have the ability to work well within a team environment as well as independently, have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills and pay specific attention to details.